The Prevention of Senior Abuse Network accepts membership from a wide variety of people who have a special interest in the prevention of elder abuse. Many network members have a formal role responding to cases of elder abuse as part of their job in the Social, Health, Legal and Justice fields.
Due to the continued growth of the network it has recently expanded to include a new South Simcoe Chapter. It is hoped that in the future Chapters will also develop in Orillia, Collingwood and Midland areas to enhance the established one in Barrie and ensure all corners of Simcoe County are represented. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Prevention of Senior Abuse Network – Simcoe County please complete our Membership Form
Members are expected to commit to at least two years on the network and can nominate themselves or others for other executive positions within the network.
- Commit to preparing for and attending meetings
- Commit to participation in network activities including participating, if possible, in at least one sub-committee/task group
- Have a good understanding of the network, it’s mission, goals and objectives
- Participate in discussion on issues pertaining to elder abuse during meetings to ensure all perspectives are heard. Ask questions for clarification.
- Be respectful of all other members
- Be prepared to make decisions and to stick to the majority decision
- Support fellow network members in activities as necessary
- Act as an advocate for the network when necessary
- Attend external activities as a representative of the network and be prepared to make a report back to the network, particularly when funded by the network.